Your best friend’s wedding is next week, but oh no! You don’t have a date.
Everyone you know will be there. And aren’t you tired of people asking about Mr. or Mrs. Right?
A last minute date can be hard to find. But if you play your cards right, a special someone might accompany you to your event.
Read on for five tips to find a date tonight.
1. Dating Apps
Dating apps are great for finding last minute dates. The majority of users are not looking for anything serious.
When looking for a date, try using all the apps at one time. If you’re successful, you may have a few options to pick from.
Finding a date on apps like these is a breeze. Here are a few you should consider checking out:
- Tinder – This one should be obvious. Forty-seven percent of people say they use Tinder for hooking up.
- The Dating Bucket List – The Dating Bucketlist is a new app. It connects users with people with similar date ideas and interests.
- This app would work better for finding meaningful relationships. But it can’t hurt to try. And plus, a one-time date could turn into something more.
- Happn – Happn uses a geolocation tracker to help you find potential matches near you. When you’re near someone who might work for you, the app gives you a notification.If you’re already on the app, this would be a great place to find a date quick. The person you’re looking for might even live next to you.
- Klique – Klique is a fun app to use for group hangouts, but it also has a one-on-one feature as well.Don’t knock group hangouts when looking for a date tonight though. Finding a new friend with your friends may build up your confidence to ask them out.
- Bumble – Of all dating apps, Bumble might be your best bet when you want a date now.Same-sex couples can message at any time. But in heterosexual relationships, women message first after you two match.
This cuts down on time spent looking for someone. The girl knows the guy has an interest, and the guy only talks to girls who want to talk to him.
The best part is that you only have 24 hours to message after matching. This makes sure you find your date in a flash.
2. Find someone the old fashioned way
If dating apps aren’t your thing, you might want to take the classic route. Go to bars, visit a coffee shop, or join a class for a week.
Oftentimes people go to bars by themselves to meet someone. Take advantage of this and look for people sitting by themselves.
In some places, people don’t want you to hit on them. During a conversation, read someone’s body language to see if they’re asking you to leave.
But if you’re cool and casual, you’ll find a date before you know it.
3. Be confident in every step
Let’s imagine that you’ve started talking to a potential date. But your hands start sweating. Your heart starts beating faster.
All of a sudden, you can’t even say words. They walk away, and you still don’t have a date.
You get the point. If you’re awkward, you might not be able to get a date.
Without confidence, you might find yourself sitting in a bar alone. This is because it’s easy to give up on yourself.
Believe in yourself enough to start a conversation with somebody. And stay confident throughout the conversation.
It’s easy to be hard on yourself, but people are often forgiving of mistakes. New friends won’t judge you when you trip up on a word or act goofy.
In fact, people may find you more attractive if you act natural. Confidence will make it easier for you to be you.
But confidence doesn’t stop with helping you start conversations. People are also attracted to people who show confidence.
A display of self-confidence helps people to trust you more. And nobody will question the way you act if you don’t.
4. Don’t Be Creepy
When talking to people, make sure to help them feel comfortable.
Nobody wants to go on a date with a creepy person. And, if you’re a guy, research shows that the standard is even higher.
A first date is almost always awkward. Someone has to trust you before they’ll agree to go on one with you.
Also, an awkward conversation will not help you have a good time at the event. Social or family events will require someone who is talkative.
If you make them feel creeped out, they may not want to talk much on your date. Or worse, they may not agree to go.
Sometimes very small things can make someone feel creeped out. Here are some things to avoid:
- Weird facial hair – If you have handlebars or a pedo-stash, you might want to consider shaving them off.
- Closed off body language – Don’t cross your arms or looking down all the time. This makes people feel like you don’t want to talk to them.
- Inappropriate conversations – Talking about sex after meeting someone is never a good plan. If your goal is to score a date, you may even want to put sex aside.
- Staring – You know why.
- Talking about your future together – You don’t want to tell the other person you want to get married to them. And imagining how beautiful your kids would be is very, very creepy.
5. Use an Escort Agency
Sometimes finding a date on your own can be too hard. And other times you may not even feel like meeting someone.
Don’t let this keep you from having a date.
Instead, find a date tonight with an escort agency. You won’t have to worry about awkward conversations or strange expectations.
And there are plenty out there. Check it out!
Go Find a Last Minute Date!
Now that you have these tips, you should be able to find your last minute date. Before you know it, you’ll shock your friends with the perfect date.
For more relationship lifehacks, visit our relationship advice blog.