Over 10 million Americans vape.
If you’ve just joined the ranks as a newbie vaper, then you’ll probably be looking for tips and tricks on how to use your vape.
Blowing smoke rings is cool. Imitating Snapchat videos you’ve seen online is even cooler. However, what’s coolest of all is keeping a clean vape.
Not sure how to do so? Here are four tips on how to clean a vape for newbies like you.
1. Understand the Anatomy of a Vape Device
To really understand the ins and outs of cleaning a vape pen, you’ll need to understand the anatomy of what you’re cleaning.
A vape pen is broken down into three main parts:
- The Tank: This is where you store the liquid. Most models will store the atomizer in the same place as the tank.
- The Coil: This is what heats the liquid into vapor. The coils are really important when it comes to cleaning.
- The Battery: We hope we don’t have to explain this one.
Depending on the vaporizer you have, it might come with specific vaper guidelines regarding use and cleaning. Read these!
2. Clean Your Tank After Changing Flavors
It’s a good habit to get into cleaning your vape tank after you change flavors. This is to ensure that your new flavor doesn’t mix with the old one.
You’ll get a better, cleaner taste if you get used to cleaning it (especially if you use CBD oil).
When cleaning a vape tank, you’ll want to fill a bowl with warm water and take the tank off of the unit. Remove any extra parts as well.
Place the tank in the bowl and wash it until it’s clean. Adding soap can help.
Dry it off and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then, you can reassemble!
3. Deep Clean Vape Parts with Alcohol
Like the tip mentioned above, it’s a great habit to get into the routine of deep cleaning your vape with alcohol.
You’ll want to follow the steps listed above, but instead of dipping it into warm water, you’ll need to wet a washcloth with non-flavored vodka.
Scrub the grimy areas until they’re sparkling clean. Then, give it a light rinse with water.
Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes and reassemble. Do this type of deep cleaning at least every couple of weeks.
4. Pay Attention to the Vape Coils
Cleaning vape coils is an inevitable task. Eventually, you’ll probably even have to replace them.
If you notice a burnt flavor or something that’s off, it’s likely time to replace your vape coils.
Cleaning vape coils with alcohol is also a good idea. Let them soak for a few hours to ensure they’re clean. Then, wash them in distilled water.
The trick here is to blow air on the open side of the coil. This forces the water into the holes. Let it air dry and voila!
Use Your Vape the Right Way
The easiest way to keep a clean vape is to use it the right way.
- Keep your vape juice in the right kind of environment to ensure it’s not corroding your tank.
- Keep the liquid at the right level to avoid burning out the coils too fast.
- Keep the device in its storage case to avoid letting any outside particles get into the cartridge.
Following these tips and sticking to a strict cleaning schedule at least once a week will help you get the most out of your vaping experience.
Have other areas of your life that need some cleaning up? Check out our guide to carpet cleaning tips to help you get started.